Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Veil of Tears

This article was neat to read.  We don't typically think about how we affect other cultures.  We don't worry whether or not it is fair to push our culture.  We just think that our culture is best because that's how we live and everybody else should live like that, too.  Right?  Wrong.  What's right for one person, or even an entire culture, may not be right to another person or culture.  Everyone has the right to grow in their own way or at their own pace.  It isn't fair to force our way.  I just found it interesting to think that we do things like that without even realizing it sometimes.  The author did a good job of making me think about the topic from the start.  I think sometimes it's hard to convince people of something when they don't know anything about it.  It's important to be really informant which was well done in this article.  I feel like I learned enough about it to agree with the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment